PATCHWORK OF THE CROSSES
BOOK ON PAPER (not a download) 32 pages
OVERSEAS POSTAGE Good news. The postage is manually adjusted from $24.75 to $9.70 if this is the only item to be mailed.
This book is all you need to make a replica of Lucy Boston's Patchwork of the Crosses (POTC).
If you love the design, but don't enjoy English Paper Piecing, you will probably also want 1 inch 90° Hexagons, so you can print the shapes on fabric instead of tracing from the book.
"Tried to do Patchwork of the Crosses the traditional way but as I have arthritis in my fingers I found sewing with the templates too hard. Looked on your website, purchased Inklingo and a new printer and am enjoying sewing by hand again. I just love the ease of use and have told all my friends to give it a try." - Carolyn in NSW Australia
© Julia Hedgecoe, used with permission. Do not copy.
The magic of Lucy Boston's design is in the creative use of fabric, especially "fussy cutting." A few shapes in each block are fussy cut and you can fussy cut with Inklingo (video). There are several articles on the blog too, like No Waste Fussy Cutting.
Features of the Book
- close-up photos of many of the blocks
- a centerfold picture of the whole quilt
- an introduction to Lucy Boston
- fabric notes
- instructions for English Paper Piecing, hand piecing, machine piecing, and hybrid piecing (a combination of hand and machine)
- notes about fussy cutting with Inklingo
- design notes that will inspire you
- fabric requirements
- notes about pressing and finishing
- shapes to trace for templates
- an impressive, unusual, intriguing design
- ideal for fussy cutting
- shapes fit on Jelly Rolls and small scraps
- a wonderful portable project, whether you use a running stitch or English Paper Piecing
- see the reviews! (left sidebar)
This pattern was prepared with the gracious assistance of Diana Boston and is illustrated with photographs by Julia Hedgecoe.
UPDATE JULY 2009 Add The Patchworks of Lucy Boston by Diana Boston to your order! The reprint of this classic book is available here.
SAVE $5.00 WITH THE LUCY BOSTON COMBO
New to Hand Piecing? Learn with the DVD lesson in Jane Austen Writing Table Quilts, which is on sale for only $14.95. (Act now, before we realize what we've done!)
MAIN LUCY BOSTON PAGE
Why quilters love Inklingo for POTC and VIDEO for fussy cutting
Every book is signed. If you would like the autograph personalized, please make a note when you place your order.