LEAF SASHING - 6 INCH
PDF DOWNLOAD - SHAPES + INSTRUCTIONS 26.9 MB
Print shapes on fabric with any ordinary Inkjet printer.
This Inklingo PDF includes shapes for leaf sashing, plain sashing, and plain blocks. It also includes a triangle (QST) which can be used with the sashing for on-point settings (6 inch On-Point Shape Collection) and an option for back-basting appliqué.
Choose from 3 sizes.
This size works perfectly to transform any 6 inch blocks into flowers.
Traditionally, quilters have presented pieced blocks as flowers by adding appliqué leaves. This new sashing from Inklingo is a beautiful option.
Features of this Shape Collection (PDF)
- shapes to print on fabric
- instructions for hand and machine piecing curves
- assembly tips
- notes about pressing
- diagrams showing how much fabric you need
- shapes without seam allowances to print on freezer paper
(just in case you want templates)
- perfect for "Carolina Lily" and "Peony" style blocks
- back-basting option for those who love appliqué
- works with any 6 inch blocks, including LeMoyne Star and a whole list of 6 inch blocks like New York Beauty
- use a rotary cutter or scissors
- a choice of regular or combo layout to use fabric efficiently and save time
- ideal for fussy cutting and charm quilts
A Choice of Methods
I sew these shapes by machine unless I need a portable project. With Inklingo lines printed on the fabric, you can sew some seams by hand and some by machine.
Love the lines. Quilt more!
See the All About Inklingo blog for a gallery of quilts using Leaf Sashing with various 6 inch Inklingo blocks, including New York Beauty (above), Winding Ways, LeMoyne Star, Rose Dream, Log Cabin, and others.
The triangles in the Inklingo On-Point Shape Collections are required for on-point settings. (Available for 4.5 and 6 inch blocks.)