LEMOYNE STAR 6 INCH
PDF DOWNLOAD - SHAPES + INSTRUCTIONS 15 MB
Print shapes on fabric with any ordinary Inkjet printer.
This Inklingo PDF includes 45° Diamonds, Quarter Square Triangles (QST), Half Square Triangles (HST), and Squares.
The shapes are very versatile.
Features of this Shape Collection (PDF)
- shapes to print on fabric
- notes about design variations
- how to piece 8-pointed stars by hand and by machine
- precision machine sewing tips
- pressing instructions
- diagrams showing how much fabric you need
- shapes without seam allowances to print on freezer paper (just in case you want templates)
- use a rotary cutter or scissors
- many design options
- a choice of regular or combo layouts to save fabric and save time
- optional layouts for diamonds with different straight grain
- precision corners and matching marks to make the sewing easier
- ideal for fussy cutting
- shapes fit on Jelly Rolls and small scraps
- choice of methods—hand or machine
- see the reviews! (left sidebar)
MANY DESIGN CHOICES
These are just a few of the extra blocks using these shapes.
PERFECT FOR BEGINNERS
The shapes are a perfect introduction for beginners. Make 9-patches, Sawtooth Squares, Hour Glass, and other blocks with these shapes if you aren't ready for an 8-pointed star.
Everything is easier with Inklingo—no measuring, no templates, no worries about straight grain, a line to cut on, a line to sew on—and the download includes instructions for sewing and pressing, so jump in! It's fun!
The shapes are larger than the ones in the free Inklingo Shape Collection, but the ideas and worksheets in that downloadable shape collection are perfect for this too.
My Mistake! I shouldn't have named this collection "LeMoyne Star" because that is just the tip of the iceberg. Please don't limit yourself to a few stars.
Love the lines. Quilt more!
Click on the photo to see what Mary Alhaus did with these shapes!
Visit the Inklingo Projects Blog to see more fabulous quilts made with this collection by Inklingo quilters, and join the Inklingo Yahoo Group, where members share photos and even free patterns for their quilt designs.
MAIN DIAMOND PAGE
Why quilters love Inklingo diamonds