90° HEXAGON - 1.5 INCH
FOR LARGER PATCHWORK OF THE CROSSES
NEW & IMPROVED! JUNE 2014 Details on the blog.
PDF DOWNLOAD - SHAPES 28 MB + DESIGN BOOK
Print shapes on fabric with any ordinary Inkjet printer.
This Inklingo PDF includes the hexagon and square for Lucy Boston Patchwork of the Crosses—POTC—plus extra shapes. The hexagon in this download is larger than the original.
These hexagons are sometimes called honeycombs.
POTC blocks are made with only one shape—the hexagon—and the blocks are linked with squares.
The magic of Lucy Boston's design is in the creative use of fabric, especially "fussy cutting." A few shapes in each block are fussy cut and you can fussy cut with Inklingo (video).
These unusual shapes are included for a straight edge on the quilt (below).
The bonus half hexagon was added in June 2014 to make more variations possible.
NOTE If you already have the first version of the shape collection, you do not need to order again to get the bonus shape. Just log into your account and download the new version whenever you are ready. Details on the blog.
Features of this Shape Collection (PDF)
- shapes to print on fabric
- diagrams showing how much fabric you need
- notes about fussy cutting with Inklingo
- design notes that will inspire you
- shapes without seam allowances to print on paper or freezer paper (just in case you want templates)
- use a rotary cutter or scissors
- extra shapes
- optional scissors layouts to save fabric
- precision corners and matching marks to make the sewing easier
- ideal for fussy cutting
- shapes fit on small scraps
- choice of methods—running stitch or English Paper Piecing
- an impressive, unusual, intriguing design
- complimentary 70-page design book with worksheets and everything you need to design and sew a hexagon quilt (written for 60° shapes, but applies to any hexagons)
- see the reviews! (left sidebar)
Unusual partial hexagons (which are not half hexagons) are perfect for a straight edge.
Lucy Boston Patchwork of the Crosses is a companion book with a detailed pattern for POTC with instructions for sewing by machine, by hand, or by English Paper Piecing. (The download includes lots of shapes, but not a pattern or sewing instructions.)
A CHOICE OF SIZES
The shapes are larger than the shapes in the original by Lucy Boston. There is another Inklingo download with the original size hexagons with 1 inch sides (more shapes). See the size comparison in the free PDF (below).
Love the lines. Quilt more!
New to Hand Piecing? Learn with the DVD lesson in Jane Austen Writing Table Quilts, which is on sale for only $14.95. (Act now, before we realize what we've done!)
MAIN LUCY BOSTON PAGE
Why quilters love Inklingo for POTC and VIDEO for fussy cutting
MAIN HEXAGON PAGE
Why quilters love Inklingo hexagons and 3-minute VIDEO