Monkey says, You asked for it! Here it is!
WHY 1.32 INCH?
CATHI’S OCTAGON STARS
We wanted to make Cathi’s design too.
Monkey and I put on our thinking caps.
It made a lot of sense!
Great bunches of ideas started to flower.
We got very excited when we added the kite and other shapes.
It is springtime. Let’s do something new.
OCTAGONS WITH LESSONS
I am using this design for a series of lessons on the blog.
The lessons are free for:
- Inklingo beginners who want step-by-step instructions.
- Experienced quilters who would like to know more about designing with Inklingo shapes.
- Quilters who love a portable hand sewing project and like the idea of a change from hexagons.
- Quilters who want a design they can sew by machine.
- Quilters who want to learn how to combine hand and machine piecing in a “hybrid.”
- Quilters who want a pattern which tells them how much fabric to buy.
- Quilters who want to use scraps and stash.
- Quilters who want to learn how to figure out how much fabric to buy for their own designs.
- Quilters who want to use Electric Quilt.
- Quilters who want to color worksheets with markers.
- Quilters who are looking for design ideas.
- Quilters who are interested in fussy cutting with Inklingo!
- Quilters who want to share the experience with other Inklingoists online.
Does that include you?
INKLINGO PERIWINKLE QUILT
Monkey says you could call this a “reverse mystery.”
You know in advance what you are making, but the format will be similar to the Case of the Secret Garden mystery quilt (COTSG). The lessons give step-by-step instructions that everyone can complete together.
As usual, the new shapes are at a very special intro price—but for a limited time only!
Octagons are a refreshing change from hexagons, but they are familiar too.
Designing and sewing with octagons is similar to designing and sewing with hexagons, so when you buy this new shape collection I will add the Hexagon Quilt Design Book (70 pages, PDF), a $20 value!
Are you subscribed?
If you don’t want to miss any of the lessons, you can enter your email address (right sidebar). You can always be the first to sew.
If you know quilters who are looking for an introduction to Inklingo, please let them know about the lessons. They will thank you later.
Linda & Monkey
New to Inklingo? Order and download free shapes and start sewing in the next few minutes. Quick Start (Always FREE.) There are triangles, diamonds, and squares in the free collection—great for dozens of different blocks.
$10 Coupon! 6 Year Anniversary Special on the handbook